The mission of the educational ministry of this congregation is to nurture, encourage and enable our children, youth, and adults to learn, love, and live the word of God so that by God's grace they become active in worship, service, and commitment in the church and community.
Areas of Responsibility
- Adult education which will include Bible study classes, general interest classes, new member classes, and continuing education.
- Youth education which will include Sunday School, First Communion, Confirmation and Summer Bible School
The Education Board shall be responsible for the following:
- Offer support and direction to the Christian Education Director
- Decision making
- Setting policy
- Setting goals with specific results and review progress
- Develop annual budget and approve Sunday School budget
- Approve curriculum
- Offer support to the education program
The Education Board shall consist of 10 members that will include five congregational members, one Sunday School Department Head, one Sunday School teacher, two Congregation Council representatives and the Christian Education Director. All shall be voting members. Membership terms will be three years with eligibility to serve three consecutive terms. The chairperson and secretary will be elected by the Board members, to serve a one-year term, with eligibility to serve three consecutive terms. A quorum of six voting members is required to conduct business